PIPE-FLO® Professional Lite
PIPE-FLO® Professional Lite is ideal for modeling small-medium sized piping systems. It simulates the operation of small piping systems transporting liquids and industrial gases under a variety of expected operating conditions. Users will see a total picture of the piping system including the steady state flow rates and pressures throughout the system, along with the interaction of pumps, control valves, and flow meters.
PIPE-FLO® Professional Lite can be used to help design individual piping system components as well as simulate an entire piping system. The program can be used to model an existing piping system to understand its hydraulic performance or to evaluate future engineering modifications to the system.
Using PIPE-FLO® Professional Lite you can:
- Draw a piping system schematic on the FLO-Sheet showing all the pumps, tanks, components, control valves and interconnecting pipelines
- Size the individual pipelines using electronic pipe, valve, and fluid data tables
- Troubleshoot and correct problem areas in the system
- Model components such as filters, heat exchangers, scrubbers, dryers, or oil separators
- Select pumps from manufacturer's electronic catalogs, optimizing pump and system operation
- Calculate how the system operates including pressures, flow rates, and Net Positive Suction Head available (NPSHa)
- Validate piping system design and perform alternate system analyses under various operating conditions
- Create Notes and Links to provide immediate access to supporting documents needed to design, build, and operate the piping system
- Share the piping system information with others through printed reports, PDF reports, or read only system files.
- Based on industry recognized principles and standards from ASMA, HI, IEC, AWWA, ISA and ANSI*
- Crane Technical Paper 410 (TP-410)
- Control valves per IEC and ANSI/ISA standards
- Pumps per ANSI and HI standards
- Flow meters and orifices per ASME standards
- Heat exchangers per TEMA standards
- Pipelines with stock slurries per TAPPI standards
- Pipe tables from ASTM, ASME, and more
*ANSI/ISA-75.01.01, IEC 60534-2-1 Mod, ANSI/HI 1.1-1.2-2008, ASMA MFC-3M-2004, ASME MFC-3Ma-2007, ASME MFC-3M-1989 R1995, ASME MFC-14M-2003, ASTM B36.10M-2004, ASTM B42-10, ASTM B42-10, ASTM B43-09, ASTM B301-12, ASTM B345(M)-11, ANSI H35.2-2009
We strive to design + create software that is both intuitive and flexible for you. We also aim to advance industry knowledge and propagate best practices in the design and operation of plant systems through strategic partnerships, industry advocacy and educational programs. If you want to know more or dig deeper, check out the links here. We think they might help!